Lid est laborum dolo rumes fugats untras. Etharums ser quidem rerum facilis dolores tium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi archgit, magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Asunt in anim uis aute irure dolor ins. Etharums ser quidem rerum facilis dolores nemis omnis fugats vitaes ser.
1. Competency in core emergency ultrasound applications:
H. OB/GYN (First Trimester Pregnancy)
I. Ultrasound guided line placement
2. Utilization and basic understanding of advanced emergency ultrasonography applications including: Doppler, Echocardiography, and ultrasound guided procedures.
3. Completion of 150 scans prior to completion of residency (Mandatory). At least 75 scans should be logged by the completion of the rotation.
4. Attendance at weekly Intern Ultrasound Shift, Monday 1pm-5pm (Mandatory).
5. Self-administered test covering all core modalities (Mandatory).
• Please go to http://www.emsono.com/acep/ACEP_EUS_Exam.html
• Complete the tests for all modalities. Print your scores. If you fail the test, please try again. Print and email test scores for all modalities once completed. This is due on the last day of your rotation.
Intern ultrasound electives are scheduled as a 4 week rotation. Please contact the Ultrasound Faculty 1 week prior to the start of your rotation.
Week 1 Orientation
Meet with one of the ultrasound faculty members during the first several days of your rotation for orientation. We will cover the schedule over the course of the 4 week rotation, as well as basic knobology, probe selection, core competencies to be covered, and how to save images to both the machine and a USB drive.
The scanning schedule is typically Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm. While you are in radiology, you will only be scanning from 1pm-5pm. You are not expected to work on the weekends or holidays. If, however, you are unable to complete a scanning shift during the week, you will be expected to complete the shift during a weekend day. You will also be expected to attend all intern ultrasound scanning shifts on Monday from 1pm-5pm at one of three clinical sites: St. John Hospital, Detroit Receiving Hospital, or Sinai Grace Hospital.
Please save your scans to a USB drive for weekly QA review.
In order to assess your competency in the core Emergency Ultrasound exams, we will evaluate your performance in several areas:
1. Assessment of Ultrasound Technique
• Direct Observation by Ultrasound Faculty
• Review of selected static and dynamic scans
2. Assessment of Image Interpretation
3. Self-Administered Test covering core competencies
4. Procedural Skills: